· In the theoretical sense, it is a scientific concept of the socio-economic development of contemporary society implying solving global problems, improving the health of the biosphere, and forming integral civilization bases;
· In the practical sense, it is a non-commercial research program with the prospect of transforming itself into an instrument of supra-political unification of humanity for resolving Earth’s global problems using planetary resources, and optimal schemes and efficient mechanisms for their implementation.
Genesis: the Planetary Project emerged as a result of systemic criticism, review and reconstruction of the Concept of Sustainable Development taking into account contemporary facts, processes and trends. It addresses modern challenges and an alternative civilisation scenario.
Planetary Project implementation methods:
- Establishing a Planetary Development Institute in Dubai;
- Research and Development;
- Implementation studies;
- Dissemination and public awareness campaigns;
- Publishing activity;
- Organising and conducting special academic and social events (summits, forums, conferences and seminars);
- Involving elites, and later the wider public of all countries of the world, in the processes of popularisation, dissemination and support of Planetary Project ideas;
- International crowdsourcing programs aimed at supporting and developing the Planetary Project.
Planetary Project target groups:
- national and international elites (business, political, scientific, social and cultural);
- scientists, analysts and experts;
- graduate and undergraduate students;
- interested public (people with a pro-active attitude to life who care for current global issues).